Photo Credit

Photograph by Justin Sheely - used with permission.

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Writer's Meet Up - Lawrence, KS

This Saturday my partner and I attended a "Writer's Meet Up" in Lawrence Kansas, hosted by local author and dear friend, Natalie C. Parker.

As with all new adventures one never knows quite what to expect.  Two hours can go by in the blink of an eye or they can span across a minor eternity.  Luckily the company was excellent and the characters in attendance were informative, interesting and a hell of a good time.

I came away from the event inspired and connected to other writers that I can't wait to get to know better. It also doesn't hurt to have a monthly deadline looming for a little motivation on the creative writing front.

The conversation ranged from the best multimedia platforms for writers and how to find an agent to bloody vampire baby fetus and zombies. It was definitely not boring!

I want to give a shout out to a few of the writer's that I had the pleasure of meeting:

1. Becca Weston her blog is terrific and well worth checking out

2. Children's book author Gwendolyn Conover author of Robot Party  http://www.meegenius.com/book/6069/robot-party

3. Natalie C. Parker is hosting a contest/give away over on her blog http://nataliecparker.blogspot.com/ of author Tessa Gratton's Blood Keeper novel, which releases in August.


2 comments:

  1. All this blog love - I'm not going to know what to do with it. ;) So much fun to meet you! I've told my fiance that next time he HAS to come so he can join in the general nerd-ery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had an absolute ball and it was great to meet you too. I can't wait to meet the fiance next time. Let him know that others successfully put down the Xbox for two hours AND lived to tell about. :)

      As for the blog love, you will become the Queen of all blogs and they will worship you and....or maybe that's Lord Of The Rings.

      Delete